There is a global water shortage that unless addressed by introducing conservation methods such as Encore, will soon reach a critical point. Reusing unused, sustainable water supplies – like Encore does by using previously wasted air conditioning condensate – is crucial. Over the next 40 years, the global population is expected to increase from six billion to an estimated nine billion, yet the world’s water supply is constant.
Only 3 percent of the global water supply is fresh; the majority of it is locked in ice or stored deep in the earth, making its extraction very expensive. The remaining 97 percent is found in the oceans and is too salty for human consumption, irrigation, and industrial uses. Water is one of the many limited natural resources heavily impacted by the built environment. By applying sustainable equipment like Encore, we lessen the impact on the planet and people.