Savings Calculator

Average External Temprature

  • °


  • %

Condensation Created

(Litres per hour)

Number of Toilets

Average number of flushes per day

Cost per litre of water

(Commercial rate, in local currency)

Litres of water saved per year

Cost saving per year

How it works

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Certification & Accreditation
  • Environment & Sustainability
  • Installation
  • LEED
  • Operation & Technology
  • Product
  • Savings
class="animated fadeIn post-386 faq type-faq status-publish hentry faq_category-certification-accreditation"

Read More What is an Encore cistern?

Encore is the world’s most environmentally friendly toilet cistern. It uses the condensate from air conditioning units to flush toilets. Until now, this free, sustainable source of water has been drained to waste.

Read More How does the Encore cistern work?

The Encore cistern works in exactly the same way as a traditional cistern with the exception that it has an extra filling connection to allow a separate water source to be introduced (from the air conditioning unit). Encore holds 18 litres - three times more than a conventional cistern - but its dual chamber design means it still fits like standard models. The bottom chamber is adjustable in half litre increments to hold between 6 and 3.5 litres to meet different international requirements. When flushed, the bottom chamber empties. While doing so, a communication valve opens allowing condensate from the top 12-litre chamber to release into the bottom chamber ready for the next flush. The upper chamber continues to be topped up with condensate ensuring an on-going supply. It means that in hot climates where a huge amount of condensate is generated, mains water should never have to be used. For back up, if there is an unusually high number of flushes in quick succession or the air conditioning is not in use, the cistern is filled in the conventional way using the mains water supply.

Read More Which BREEAM credits and LEED points does Encore let me claim?

Encore could provide two extra BREEAM credits and as many as five when used with other water saving devices under the WAT 01 category. Up to six points could be claimed under LEED's Water Efficiency category. Choosing Encore means for the first time that BREEAM credits and LEED points can be claimed for toilet cisterns.

Read More Are installation instructions available?

Full fitting instructions can be downloaded here. Below is a video demonstrating how to install Encore cisterns.

Read More Can I download a detailed product specification sheet?

Yes. A product data sheet is available here.

Read More How will an Encore cistern affect my company's corporate social responsibility?

It will demonstrate your commitment to helping reduce the amount of water used – one of the world’s most precious and diminishing natural resources. Traditional construction methods are carbon intensive and do not make best use of sustainable water supplies. By installing an Encore cistern, it shows a business is in touch with wider, sustainable global issues, is committed to make a difference through innovating and is a responsible organisation playing its part to help protect the planet.

Read More Is electricity used to pump the condensate or to flush the toilet?

No electricity is required to operate an Encore cistern so only a plumber is required to install it. Instead gravity feeds the condensate water into the cistern.

Read More Why is saving water so important?

There is a global water shortage that unless addressed by introducing conservation methods such as Encore, will soon reach a critical point. Reusing unused, sustainable water supplies - like Encore does by using previously wasted air conditioning condensate – is crucial. Over the next 40 years, the global population is expected to increase from six billion to an estimated nine billion, yet the world’s water supply is constant. Only 3 percent of the global water supply is fresh; the majority of it is locked in ice or stored deep in the earth, making its extraction very expensive. The remaining 97 percent is found in the oceans and is too salty for human consumption, irrigation, and industrial uses. Water is one of the many limited natural resources heavily impacted by the built environment. By applying sustainable equipment like Encore, we lessen the impact on the planet and people.

Read More Where does the water for a conventional cistern come from?

Most commonly, it comes from the mains drinking water connections. There are a number of other technologies which use grey water or rain water to flush toilet cisterns but these are considerably more expensive, require additional plumbing infrastructure and also use electricity to pump water around a building.

Want to save water and money from a sustainable toilet solution?

Tell us about yourself